(1) “Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?”
The world will believe the BEAST and FALSE PROPHET are supreme rulers. The BEAST will claim to be God and the FALSE PROPHET will work miracles before him to deceive the unconverted world into believing he is God.
(2) “The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His anointed, saying.”
The ten global kings and the BEAST will know that The Christ is coming, and they will be ready to battle Him and try to keep Him from reigning 1,000 years.
(3) “Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
(4) He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.”
God will make the armies and governments of the world to become totally confused. They will recognize something is wrong, but not understand what! Christ is preparing to come back to rule.
(5) “Then shall he speak unto them in His wrath [Rev. 16], and vex them in his sore displeasure.”
God will pour out His wrath upon the nations to prepare for Christ to come and rule for 1,000 years along with His saints.
(6). “Yet have I set my king upon My holy hill of Zion.”
God is preparing for Christ to become ‘King of kings and Lord of lords.’ He will rule along with the saints for the 1,000 years. The saints will become immortal and rule the nations. But Jesus will be the preeminent “King” and “Lord.” The remainder of the saints will be composed of Spirit and have lesser positions of authority than Christ.
(7) “I will declare the decree: the Lord has said unto Me, You are My Son; this day have I begotten you.”
The Father had begotten Jesus to be His Son. The Father decreed that Jesus would be His Son. He said that He had begotten Jesus that day.
(8) “Ask of Me, and I shall give you the heathen for Your inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for Your possession.”
The whole world was to become Jesus’ possession to inherit!!! It was all in the asking!
(9) “You shall break them with a rod of iron; you shall dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”/span>
Christ will be given ALL power over the nations. If they will not obey, He will chastise them with a rod of iron.
(10) “Be wise now therefore, O you kings: be instructed, you judges of the earth.
(11) Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
(12) Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him.”
Psalm 2 is a basic summary of the reign of Jesus and His being begotten of the Father. It implies His 1,000 year reign on this earth, along with the saints. Jesus has been given total control over His creation [Colossians. 1:12-18].
Psalms 2 plainly says the Father will set His king on the holy hill of Zion. This refers to Jerusalem. He calls out to the kings of the earth to be instructed in His ways. They are to put their trust in Him. The earth will be full of the knowledge of God as the waters cover the seas.
Jesus will rule and all the saints with Him. King David will be resurrected to reign over the twelve tribes of Israel [Ezekiel 37:24-28], while each of the Apostles will rule over an individual tribe of Israel [Matthew 19:27-28].
All other saints who will be resurrected to immortality will rule over the individual nations. The saints will rule on the earth, since this is where the problems are.
We long for the day when Jesus returns to “restore all things” as it originally was in the Garden of Eden. We long for the time when Utopia will arrive. We long for peace to break out and last forever.