I truly want to thank those who came to our rescue financially. We made it over the hump this time. We have striven since August 1980 in printing Newswatch Magazine. That is 33 years and 3 months ago when we first started. We have only had to ask for donations one other time, but this time it become very disturbing. YOU came to the rescue!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!
It’s like thanking our Lord Jesus for covering our sins. He raised up this ministry, but expected those who learn from it to support it. Look at the following verses.
I Corinthians 9:1-14:
7) Who goes a warfare any time at his own charges? Who plants a vineyard, and eats not of the fruit thereof? Or who feeds a flock, and eats not of the milk of the flock?
8) Say I these things as a man? Or says not the law the same also?
9) For it is written in the law of Moses, YOU SHALL NOT MUZZLE THE MOUTH OF THE OX THAT TREADS OUT THE CORN. DOES GOD TAKE CARE FOR OXEN?
10) Or says He it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that plows should plow in hope; and that he that threshes in hope be partner of his hope.
11) If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things [donations]?
12) If others be partakers of this power over you, are not we rather? Nevertheless we have not used this power; but suffer all things, lest we should hinder the gospel of Christ.
13) Do you not know that they which minister about holy things live of the things of the temple? And they which wait at the alter are partakers with the altar?
14) Even so has the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
God the Father had with Him in His throne room Jesus Christ, before They began the creative process. That’s why a uniplural word, God, was used in Genesis 1:1. “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.” In Genesis 1:26 it proves that God was plural – “Let US make man in OUR image …”
In the newer writings John starts his large book by stating: (John 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Verse 14 shows that Word to be Jesus, our Savior.
Jesus was with God the Father from the beginning of the creation and was also God. God the Father delegated to Jesus the position of Spokesman to the human race. That’s why the scripture says: “No man has heard His voice nor seen His shape” – meaning the Father. Moses and 70 elders saw the back of the God that thundered down the Ten Commandments – Jesus Christ (I Corinthians 10:1-4).
God gave His Everlasting Covenant to Adam and Eve. It was then handed down from memory. Noah taught Abraham 39 years in his home on this side of the great flood. Noah taught Abraham God’s Covenant. After the teaching process was over, God called Abraham to journey to the promise land. He ran into difficulties with people of the land. He rescued his nephew Lot along with others, who had been kidnapped. Notice what Abraham did. He met Melchizedek, Jesus Christ, priest of the most high God “And gave him tithes [10%] of all” (Genesis 14:20).
Of course Abraham gave 10%, his heart was with God. Jesus said: “For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also” (Matthew 6:21). What we DO with our money from our job, profession, or self-employment determines HOW dedicated we are to God’s Work on this earth. Of course, we cannot give something we do not have; but if we are gainfully employed and making wise use of our finances, we should have something to give to God’s purpose on this earth.
Jesus, as the God of the Old Testament, gave instructions concerning giving even on special occasions. He describes how He has called for special Feasts to be observed in three seasons of the year – spring, summer, and fall (Deuteronomy 16:16-17). He said we should appear before Him WITH an offering. That offering was to be in proportion to how we have been blessed that year. For some, the offering would be substantial, while for others, it would be small. The point is it shows an attitude of heart. Do we really believe God and desire obedience or do we simply blow it off?
God uses human instruments, empowered by His Holy Spirit, to take the message out to the world.