In Matthew 24:29-30, Jesus said, “Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of Man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” In verse 36 Jesus tell us “But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.” We do not know the day or the hour but we can see the signs that tell us to prepare our lives. The push for a One World Religion spearheaded by the new Pope is accelerating! There are more famines, earthquakes, wars, conflicts, and pestilences than at any time in history!
Jesus warned us in Matthew 24:44 “Therefore be you ready; for in such an hour as you think not the Son of Man cometh.” A few verses later in Matthew 25 He says the Kingdom of Heaven shall be like ten virgins who took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom (Jesus Christ) and five of them were wise and had prepared to meet Him and five were foolish and had not prepared and the door was shut when they tried to get in. He concludes this story in Matthew 25:13 by repeating His very serious warning, “Watch therefore; (prepare your life) for you know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of Man cometh.”
Proverbs 27:12 says a prudent person foresees the danger ahead and makes precautions. Proverbs 6:6-8 says Learn from the ant consider her ways and be wise (pay attention to how the ant diligently works to prepare for the future!) Are we diligently preparing our own lives Spiritually? One day we will all stand before our Lord to give account for choices we make to use the time and talents the Father has given us to invest in Eternity. Are we redeeming the time wisely in these evil days? We may want to but are we doing it?
Romans 13:11-14 is a very challenging verse to meditate on and keep us spiritually ready for the return of our Savior. Use it this week along with Luke 21:34-36 and I Peter 4:7 to motivate you in prayer and seeking God with your whole heart.
11) “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
12) The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let up put on the armor of light.
13) Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14) But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfill the lusts thereof.”
34) “And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35) For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36) Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.”
I Peter 4:7: “But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.”