In Jeremiah 29:11 we find God’s beautiful promise for our lives, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you Hope and a future!” In verses 12 and 13 God tells us what is necessary to make sure that our lives are always filled with Hope and Victory! Jeremiah 29:12-13, “Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you, you will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.” The word seek means to search out by any method including Worship and Prayer. It means to strive after, to ask, beg, beseech, desire, enquire, and make inquisition. Remember God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him!
When you take the time to really seek His presence every day in the scriptures and in fervent prayer your life will change in a wonderful way. Peace and Joy, Wisdom and Love, Faith and Hope will fill your heart in a more profound way when you work to deepen your personal relationship with your Heavenly Father! Like everything worthwhile in life it will take time, effort, discipline, and perseverance!
God’s promise of Hope and Blessings in our life has never changed! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. The problems we run into because of the world, the flesh, and the devil often cause us to drift away from the source of all Hope and we take our eyes off Jesus, the author and finisher of our Faith and His promises of Victory and we look at the problems, the trials, the discouragements, the negatives, and the doubts and our Faith grows weak and our Hope grows dim. We lose heart because we look at the impossibilities of defeating the Goliath standing before us instead of focusing on the incredible promises of Victory in the Bible and the tremendous power of Fervent, Faith filled Prayer.
Satan loves to distract or blind Christians from the Victory always available through the Faith that overcomes the world. With God the Father on your side, there are NO HOPELESS SITUATIONS, there are only people who have lost focus and given up and grown hopeless about the difficult situations they are facing.
Brethren, do you have Hope in the midst of the battles and trials you face in life? Do you trust in the sure promises that the Father will do just as He promised He would! What is your reaction in times of crisis and testing? It has been often said it is not the problem or crisis that destroys us; it is how we react and respond. It is the attitude we choose to display. Faith and Hope is an attitude that brings Victory and pleases God. An attitude of doubt and despair brings more problems and displeases God!
Hope is a very powerful thing! There is no medicine like Hope! O. S. Marden There is no medicine like Hope, No incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful As expectation of something better tomorrow! Orison Swett Marden
Hope is your light at the end of the tunnel! Hope and Faith are the expectation that the Heavenly Father will eventually turn everything around for our good and bring us out of the midst of the storm that has descended upon our life. Biblical Hope is the reliance on God’s Goodness and Blessings and His Promises of Healing and Victory contained in the Bible! Hope is the expectation of future and eternal good because God promised it!
Our Hope as disciples of Jesus Christ is deeply rooted in the Scriptures which teach us that Hope is a deep settled confidence that God will keep His Promises! We should never waiver in our Faith and Hope because God’s words are Truth! Spend some time meditating on the following verses this week to build your Faith and fill your heart with Courage and Hope that God is on your side and He will work all things out for your Good!
1) “The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
2) When evildoers came upon me to devour me, even my enemies and those who hate me, they together stumbled and fell.
3) Thou a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. (I will have Faith and Hope)
4) One thing have I asked of the Lord, and that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in His Temple.
5) For in the day of trouble He will hide me in His shelter: in the shadow of His Tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock.
6) And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in His Tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord.”
7) “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose Hope is in Him.
8) For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, that spreads out its roots by the stream, and it Shall Not Be Afraid When Heat Comes, but its leaves shall be green; and Shall Not Be Afraid in the year of the drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.”